A simple, easy to make, comfort food. Especially good with a fresh baguette.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 3 -4 chicken breasts (small to medium, skinless and boneless)
- 10 -12 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups carrots, crinkle cut
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (minced, dehydrated)
- 6 ounces dried noodles (old fashioned or Amish style is best)
- Cut chicken into small cubes and boil in broth for about 30 minutes. Or until the "scum" can be skimmed off the top.
- After skimming the broth return it to stove top and add remaining ingredients except the noodles.
- Return the soup to boiling, cover and simmer for about 3 hours on low.
- Add noodles and cook till they are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a very tasty soup that is easy to put together! I made 2 servings and they are quite generous! I used organic chicken broth and chose orzo for the pasta. I took off 1 star for a couple of reasons that have nothing to do with flavour - it is really hard to get rid of all the 'floaties' from cooking the chicken in the broth, even with using a fine mesh spoon. I also cooked everything for much less time (15 minutes for step 1 and 1 hour for step 3) and my veggies still turned out mushy. I will make this again, but with a couple of minor adjustments. Made for my adopted chef for this round of Pick A Chef. Thanks Chef Larz! :)Reply