Chicken Skewered With Ketjap Manis
This is a recipe from Indonesia from a learning packet at my DD's culinary school. I have added approximate cooking times. I have not tried this recipe but my DD has indicated to me that she liked it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander (ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (ground)
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 12 chicken breasts (boneless tenderloins)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Combine water and sugar in a sauce pan, bring to a boil (stir frequently) and then reduce on simmer to a syrup consistency, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add soy, molasses, coriander, black pepper, and ginger and simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
- Mix garlic, salt, pepper, ketjap manis, lime juice and oil and add chicken to a resealable plastic bag.
- Soak bamboo skewers in extra water for 1 hour to help prevent burning.
- Marinate the chicken for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- After marinating is complete, skewer chicken tenderloins and grill them on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION