Chicken Seafood Gumbo
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs cooked chicken, pieces. (About 1/2 inch)
- 1 lb frozen shrimp
- 1 lb frozen crawfish tail meat
- 2 lbs andouille sausages
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 64 ounces canned stewed tomatoes (Ro-tel brand best)
- 40 ounces frozen okra
- 32 ounces frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 4 -6 bay leaves
- 1 lb uncooked rice (Brown)
- 3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons chicken base (to taste)
- Add all ingredients, except chicken base, to 12 quart pot.
- Heat and stir occasionally until rice is cooked through.
- Add chicken base as desired for flavor.
- Remove bay leaves when done.
- Serve with bread, croutons or crackers.
- Crawfish can be omitted if unavailable.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking for my family, and really like to cook while at work for my co-workers at the nuclear power plant. At work I use a roaster oven to do most of my cooking and am always looking for new recipes to try in the roaster.