photo by daisygrl64
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1⁄4 cup flour, seasoned with pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lemon
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Brown in oil and margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add garlic and saute quickly.
- Add wine and cook over high heat.
- Add chicken back inches.
- When liquid is reduced by half, remove the chicken to a warm plate, and add the juice from the lemon to the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley and capers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 8 more reviews
This dish was fantabulous!!! This was my first attempt with chicken picatta. Elissa, thank you. I did however make only two small changes. Instead of 1 cup of white wine or chicken broth, i used a half of both. Also I did not add the capers in the end. Instead I added them to the sauce to cook them so that their beautiful flavor was incorporated in. This was such a crowd pleaser, and I mean a crowd! I took a chance and prepared this recipe for 12 people so I had to triple it!! Which is risky with a recipe you've never tried. However everyone, including myself, agrees it was great. I paired this with fresh sauteed yellow squash and zuchinni with basil, oregano,garlic, and olive oil and then tossed the veggies in an angel hair pasta. Magnifico!!! I will make this recipe over and over. Next time I will pair it with a garlic lemon asparagus. Thanks again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>This is Sophie.....she's my constant companion, and the best thing the Easter Bunny ever brought us.</p>