Chicken Parmesan (Under the Broiler)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A nice MEAL that leaves you satisfied, but won't leave you with that old, "Momma Mia...I ate too much!" feeling. Since it's not fried, the calorie count is low. But don't worry, it's still full of flavor.
- Ready In:
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 tablespoons grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- Begin by bringing 4-6 cups of water to boil.
- Also, pre-heat your oven's broiler.
- Line the bottom of a broiling pan with aluminum foil.
- One at a time, place the chicken breasts between seran wrap and tenderize with a meat mallet.
- Using a fork, whip the egg whites until they begin to foam lightly.
- Dredge each chicken breast through the egg whites and then through the bread crumbs.
- Place the chicken breasts on the top portion of the broiling pan.
- Cook for about 6 or 7 minutes on one side.
- Turn the chicken breasts and cook for another 5 or 6 minutes on the other side. (Make sure there is no pink in the center of the meat and the juices run clear.).
- While the chicken is cooking, place the pasta in the boiling water and let cook, uncovered, until you reach the desired tenderness. (This usually takes me about 8-10 minutes).
- When the chicken is ready, divide the pasta into equal amounts and place a chicken breast on each plate.
- Top each serving with 1/2 cup of marinara and 1 tbsp of the parmesan cheese.
- SERVE IT UP & ENJOY!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION