Chicken, Lemon and Rocket Risotto
From the site healthyfoodguide.com.au Heaps of healthy easy recipes on there! I love risotto, but have struggled to find healthy ones I'd actually like to eat. This one is good.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked (or smoked chicken)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 cups rocket
- Bring stock and water to a simmer in a saucepan. In another saucepan, add rice and 1/2 cup stock mixture over low heat. Stir until stock is absorbed.
- Keep adding 1/4 cupfuls of stock mixture, stirring until rice is al dente or cooked to your liking. Add chicken, lemon juice and zest. Stir until heated through.
- Add pesto, stir until well combined. Serve with rocket. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Although my arm wants to fall off from the stirring LOL this was really nice in the end! I got about 1/4 cup of juice from the single lemon so it added a lot of lemon flavor which I enjoy. I had Recipe #434393 in the freezer and couldn't get arugula (rocket) so had to use spinach. Thanks for sharing!Reply