Lemon, Fennel, and Rocket (Arugula) Salad
Very easy salad.
- Ready In:
- 2 lemons, peeled, all pith removed
- 2 oranges, peeled, all pith removed
- 1 large fennel bulbs or 2 small baby fennel
- 6 1⁄2 ounces rocket (arugula)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive, halved lengthwise
Toasted Sesame Dressing
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the lemons and oranges into thin slices, removing any seeds.
- Thinly slice the fennel.
- Wash and dry the rocket leaves and tear them into small pieces.
- Chill all ingredients while making the Toasted Sesame Dressing: heat the sesame oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook, stirring constantly until lightly golden. Remove from heat and cool. Pour mixture into a small container. Whisk in the white wine vinegar and mustard, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the fruit, fennel, rocket, pecans, and olives in a shallow serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION