Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Parcels
- Ready In:
- olive oil, spray
- 400 g chicken, mince lean
- 10 g canola margarine
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 100 g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 125 ml skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C Spray a baking tray with oil. Spray a large nonstick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Add mince, cook for 3 minutes or until browned lightly, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon. Remove Chicken from pan.
- Melt spread in same frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and mushrooms, cook, stiring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add flour. Cook for 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stiring until smooth after each addition. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, stir in basil, cool.
- Cut filo sheets in half cross-ways. Spray each piece with oil. Stack 3 filo pieces together. Repeat with remaining filo to make 4 stacks. Place a quarter of the cooked chicken mixture in the centre of each filo stack. Fold pastry to enclose filling and make a parcel shape. Repeat with remaining filo stacks and chicken mixture. Place parcels on oven tray. Spray parcels with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!