Edam and Tomato Chicken Parcels
Chicken breasts stuffed with Edam cheese, semi-dried tomatoes and wrapped in Italian Ham. This is a great entertaining recipe as it can be prepared ahead and cooked last minute.
- Ready In:
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 3⁄4 ounces edam cheese, shredded
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Remove the small fillet from the underside of each chicken breast and set to one side. Using a sharp knife make a vertical cut down the length of each chicken breast, but not all the way through to form a pocket.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Edam, tomatoes, thyme and season well.
- Spoon the Edam mixture into each chicken breast pocket. Fold over the flaps of the pocket and cover with the reserved chicken fillets to enclose the filling.
- Wrap 1 ½ slices of prosciutto around each breast.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle pan, lay in the chicken and sear for 2 minutes each side until golden. Transfer to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Slice each chicken breast in half on the diagonal and serve straight away with your choice of accompaniment(s).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
DH and I made these delicious chicken parcels for my aunt's birthday dinner tonight. We all really enjoyed this dish. The prep was pretty easy, but looked like it took a lot longer to make. The sundried tomato/Edam stuffing was really delicious. I wasn't sure if the recipe was calling for fresh or dried thyme, so I used fresh, but used a little more than the recipe called for just in case it called for dried. We actually had enough stuffing to stuff a little over 2 lbs of chicken. I served with a side of roasted asparagus with thyme. Thank you for making my aunt's dinner special. Made for ZWT6.