photo by Angelin
- Ready In:
- 24 ounces chicken breasts, cut into chunks and sauted
- 1 cup green pepper, cleaned and sliced into strips
- 1 cup red pepper, cleaned and sliced into strips
- 1 cup onion, cleaned and sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, sliced (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Arabic seven spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper (Or To Taste)
- Mix the dry spices and pat into the chicken. (Begin with half the 7 spice and add the rest later as desired for additional flavor.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a Dutch oven. Brown the chicken uncovered on medium heat for about 1 minute on each side. Remove the chicken from the Dutch oven and set aside.
- Set the heat to medium-low. Add the 3 remaining tablespoons olive oil to the same Dutch oven. When it is hot, add onions and pepper and cook till onion starts to brown.
- Add everything else and stir well, cover and simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes.
- See to it that there is enough juice all the time. If the tomatoes are not juicy enough, and the liquid evaporates, add some hot water.
- Serve with salad, rice and pita.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!