Chicken Fingers With Honey Mustard Sauce
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Dijon and honey.Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Between sheets of plastic wrap, pound chicken with flat side of meat pounder or with rolling pin until 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut lengthwise on diagonal into 4 x 1-1/2-inch strips.
- In bowl, whisk eggs and garlic.
- I used Egg Creations to replace the eggs.
- In shallow bowl, combine cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, pepper and paprika.
- One at a time, dip chicken strips into eggs, letting excess drip back into bowl. Dredge in cheese mixture, coating generously and pressing to adhere.
- Arrange on greased baking sheets; drizzle with butter.
- Bake in 425°F oven until golden, crispy and no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy! Chicken Fingers at home! These were great. We used panko and had a few trials and errors, now we know what better to do next time.<br/>I think though, next time, I may omit some salt or all the salt, parmesan seems salty enough, and the butter too.<br/>Hubby said they were awesome leftover.<br/>Also, I loved them with plum sauce although the Honey-mustard was great! Thank you.<br/>2nd review: these are really yummy! Cut parm in 1/2. was perfect for us. Breadcrumb mix was a bit sparse, had to make more. But will make again, very tasty!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!