Chicken Enchiladas - Really Easy!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 -2 cup cooked chicken (I use about 1-2 frozen chicken breasts)
- 8 -10 flour tortillas, 10-inch
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I also like to use Colby Jack or a Taco Blend)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup black beans
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper (Red, Yellow, Orange, and or or Green)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Cook Chicken (bake, skillet, or grill) and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to approximately 350 deg.
- Combine 1/2 cup Sour Cream and 1/2 cup Salsa in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup Sour Cream, 1/2 cup Salsa, Chicken, and 1 cup Shredded Cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a 9" x 13" pan with non-stick Cooking Spray.
- Evenly fill each tortilla with the Sour Cream, Salsa, Chicken, and Cheese mixture. Roll up, and place in pan.
- Pour and spread Sour Cream and Salsa mixture over the rolled tortillas in the pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese on top.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Optional Modifications: One of the best things about this recipe is that you can change it up as much as you want and it always turns out great! Try adding black beans, corn, green onion, fresh peppers, etc. to the mixture that goes inside the tortillas. Use less chicken and/or salsa when adding other ingredients. Follow all other steps as indicated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!