Chicken Divan Phyllo Rolls
For the Garlic lover. This elegant and impressive dish is great for a brunch or lunch. Expect each person to eat two rolls.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 heads garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 phyllo pastry sheets
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter, separate
- 6 slices deli ham, thin
- 4 cups grated swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large fry pan, simmer wine, water, lemon juice and garlic til a gentle, boil.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Continue to cook covered 20-25 minutes on simmer, turning a couple of times.
- Remove chicken breasts and strain garlic.
- Discard juice.
- Cut up chicken breasts into small chunks, mix in a small bowl with reserved garlic.
- It should be close to 3 cups with the garlic.
- Have butter, Chicken, Ham (sliced in half to form a strip), and shredded cheese all lined up in an assembly line style to help you work quickley.
- Phyllo dries quickley.
- Lay out 1 phyllo sheet at a time.
- Brush butter on top.
- Fold the rectangle in half (not lenthwise).
- Brush top with butter.
- On shorter side, put approx.
- 1/2 C of chicken mixture in a line along the edge.
- Add Ham, top with 1/3 C cheese.
- Roll phyllo (filling first) into an eggroll shape, lay on a greased cookie sheet.
- Continue the process until 12 rolls are made.
- Brush with remaining 1 tbl butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were pretty tasty. I didn't actually measure out the cheese for each one though and I don't think I put enough in...so next time I would put a lot more on...but I'm a huge cheese fan. The chicken had nice flavor, and the phyllo sheets got so nice and crispy. Great recipe. Thanks for posting!Reply
see 1 more