photo by NoraMarie
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 4mins
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten (might need one more egg)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed flavored croutons (more if needed, or use seasoned dry breadcrumbs)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- In a medium or small skillet melt butter over medium heat; add in onion, garlic and celery (if using) sauté for about 3 minutes or until soft; transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bowl add in cooked chicken, 2 eggs, crushed croutons or breadcrumbs, parsley, seasoned salt and Parmesan cheese; mix to combine (if the mixture is too dry then add in one more egg if too moist add in a small amount more of croutons and mix again).
- Season with black pepper to taste and cayenne (if using).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Shape into small thin patties and add to oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe made it into Book #179627 Kittencal, Thanks so much for this recipe. My mom passed away in April, and she used to make these for me as a kid. When I asked her for the recipe years later, she unfortunatly had forgotten it. This is a close second for her recipe. I will cherish it always. Thanks again. Bird