Have super on the table in an hour. This recipe is similar to my Grandma's, but much simpler to put together. This is from a Pillsbury Casserole cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans each condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In 4 quart saucepan, heat soup, milk, thyme, pepper, chicken and vegetables to boiling over med-high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir 3-5 minutes. Spread in ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- Seperate dough into 8 biscuits; place evenly over hot chicken mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and no longer doughy on bottom.
- After 20 minutes, cover with foil if necessary to prevent excessive browning.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really enjoyed this, and the thyme really adds a nice flavor to it and the sauce is wonderful. Next time though rather than using the smaller biscuits would either use Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits, or make homemade Buttermilk Biscuits (which I think would truely make this dish and well worth the extra effort). Otherwise, this is a pretty easy and delicious casserole.Reply