Chicken Baked in a Spinach Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts (each of the 4 halves sliced into two strips)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze to drain
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry vegetable soup mix or (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup onions, finely diced or 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add oil to a large fry pan and turn the heat up to med-high. Brown each chicken strip until each side is lightly golden brown. Remove chicken and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish; set aside.
- In a 2 qt mixing bowl mix the next 5 ingredients until smooth. Spoon this cream sauce over the top of the previously browned chicken in the baking dish and smooth it out and then lightly sprinkle the parmesan over the top of the cream sauce (optional).
- Place the baking dish in a preheated 350 degree for 20-30 minutes until heated through. Serve over pasta or egg noodles or with mashed potatoes on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The first time I made this I used the vegetable dry soup mix and it was DELICIOUS! In fact it was so good that I made it a week later since I was having a group of friends over for dinner. This time I used the onion soup mix and it too, received rave reviews. We served ours the first time over mashed potatoes and the second time over a bed of rice. Both made good use of the sauce. Thanks for sharing! *I don't know what brand of onion soup mix the last reviewer used, but I used Lipton Onion Soup mix and the recipe turned out really great, but I have noticed that some onion soup mixes can be a little over powering and over salty, which is why I always use the Lipton brand.