Rosemary Chicken With Mushroom Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ground dried rosemary
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- In a pan on medium heat, add olive oil.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 or 2 inch squares and place in pan.
- While chicken is cooking, pour soup in a small pot over medium heat. Add milk and sherry and stir. Adjust liquid quantities if necessary to make a "gravy" consistency.
- Sprinkle rosemary generously over chicken in pan.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken and continue cooking until chicken is thoroughly cooked and flavors have melded.
- Serve over buttered egg noodles, and enjoy with good French bread and a glass of wine. Bon Appetit!
Join The Conversation
This has potential. I think more liquid is needed to dilute the soup. Also I used approx. 1/2 teas. of dried rosemary. My family thought it was too strong, so I'll back off next time. I added sliced mini portobellos (sautéed in EVOO) and deglazed the pan with a bit of white wine after browning the chicken. Heated through and served with egg noodles. I'll be making this again with adjustments to the liquid. Thanks for sharing your creation. :D