Chicken Avocado Lime Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Outstanding soup recipe from "Just Work It Off" Facebook page.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup green onion, chopped (including whites, mince the whites)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced (leave seeds if you want soup spicy, omit if you don't like heat)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 medium avocados, peeled, cored and diced
- tortilla chips, for serving
- monterey jack cheese, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- In a large pot heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, add green onions and jalapenos and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes, adding garlic during last 30 seconds of sautéing.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, cumin, season with salt and pepper to taste and add chicken breasts. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to medium, cover with lid and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken has cooked through 10 - 15 minutes (cook time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts).
- Reduce burner to warm heat, remove chicken from pan and let rest on a cutting board 5 minutes, then shred chicken and return to soup.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Add avocados to soup just before serving (if you don't plan on serving the soup right away, I would recommend adding the avocados to each bowl individually, about 1/2 an avocado per serving).
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION