Chick Pea Salad
photo by Mrs Goodall
- Ready In:
- 2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (chick peas)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the chick-peas, tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, kalamata olives, parsley, green onions, and oregano in a bowl; toss. Set aside.
- Combine the oil and the remaining ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour the dressing over the chick-pea mixtre. Toss. Refrigerate for 8 hours. Serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made half the recipe and wish that I had made it all. This was so good. I used orange and yellow sweet peppers and green olives (what I had on hand). This salad was quick and easy to make with excellent flavors and great textures. Thank you Breezer for sharing a recipe that I will make again. Made FYC tag game.
I made 1/2 the recipe using all red bell pepper. Skipped the salt and rinsed the beans and olives to remove any excess salt. I loved this!!! The crunch for the peppers, the creaminess of the chick peas, the saltiness of the olives, the sweetness of the tomatoes, and the tang of the dressing was perfect! Thanks!
We really enjoyed this delicious chick pea salad. I let it marinate for about 10 hours and the flavors were wonderful. I added extra red and green bell pepper and green onion. Also, I pitted and quartered the olives instead of halving them. Thank you for sharing! **Made for 2017 Culinary Quest - Turkey for Smok'in Chefs**