Chiang Mai Chicken Curry
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb chicken thigh
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 2 inches ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- Dice the chicken into 1/2" cubes.
- Heat the oil, fry the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add curry paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients as well as 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 1 hour (if using pork, simmer 1 1/2 hour).
- Serve with steamed rice (jasmine or basmati).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite cookbook is The Essential Rice Cookbook.