photo by myrnabarager
- Ready In:
- 600 g frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed but not drained
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, very cold
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, very cold
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 chocolate cake, 9-inch diameter, cut into large chunks
- Place cherries and their juice in bowl. Stir in orange rind, orange juice, 2 tablespoons icing sugar and liqueur. Set aside.
- In another bowl and using electric mixer, beat cream and yogurt on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes or until very thick and peaks form. Add 2/3 cup icing sugar; beat on medium-high speed for one minute or until very thick.
- Place half of cake chunks in bottom of 12-cup glass trifle dish. Pour half of cherries and juice evenly over cake chunks. Top with half of whipped cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Dogs, collies specifically, collecting cookbooks, and baking are my passions. Canadian Living Cookbook is my favourite. People not using correct punctuation is my pet peeve.