Paula Deen's Cherry Cheese Trifle
This is a great summertime dessert. No cooking! This came from Paula Deen's magazine. It is very quick and easy to make and makes a splendid looking dessert. Sure to be a winner at your next cookout.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 13 ounces angel food cake
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 of whipped topping and almond extract; set aside.
- Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces.
- Place 1/3 of cake pieces in bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 of cream cheese filling over cake, and top with 1/3 of pie filling.
- Repeat layers twice more.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top of trifle, sealing to edges.
- Garnish with additional pie filling and sliced almonds if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a delicious dessert, and serves a crowd! I made mine in a huge lasagna dish ( 18L X 12W X 3.25H) and it just did fit. I baked an angel food cake to use, as the price difference between the mix and one from the bakery was small; I'm not sure how big a baked angel cake is....There were no 12 oz. whipped topping, so I got and used 2 8 oz., as my dish had a bigger surface area to cover, on top. Everyone loved it, and I can't wait to make it again! Thanks so much for sharing, mary winecoff. This one is going in my keeper file!Reply
see 9 more