1. Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin tins with liners or spray with cooking spray.
2. Make the crumb topping: In medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Stir in butter then pinch mixture until it forms pea size chunks.
3. Make the muffins: In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and oil and beat with a hand mixer until well combined. Beat in the milk and vanilla. Add the flour mix and beat on low speed until the batter is smooth. Stir in the cherries.
4. Spoon the batter into muffin tins filling about 3/4 full. Sprinkle crumb topping on each muffin and bake for about 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.