Cherry Cranberry Pie
Tart, tangy and sweet--a unique combo and a nice change from regular cherry pie. Came from an old Crisco cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts (your favorite)
- 1 (21 ounce) can canned cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Line pie pan with bottom crust.
- Combine in a bowl: cranberry sauce, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and pie filling; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour into pie plate, dot with butter, cover with top crust, seal edges, crimp and make slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush crust with milk.
- Cover crust edges with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes, removing foil during last 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have made this pie many times and am just getting around to reviewing it. Very good pie. I use Deb Wolf's tip and use rinsed/drained fresh cranberries (after all, I live in Wisconsin, the cranberry capitol of the world, lol.) It works out very well this way. This recipe helped me win my wife back after she had left me and moved to Canada for six months, and if that isn't a positive review, you try.