Cherry Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 2 Tablespoons juice.
- Cut cherries into quarters.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, eggs [or ONE mashed banana], and reserved cherry juice in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed 3-4 minutes or until well mixed.
- Alternate between adding flour mixture and mashed bananas, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. If the mixture seems a bit too dry, you might want to try adding some water at the end. I suggest adding it a teaspoon or so at a time.
- Stir in drained cherries.
- Grease a loaf pan and spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until brown.
- Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack. To store, wrap in plastic wrap or foil and keep in a cool, dry place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Although I'm not concerned with making something like this animal-free, at least not for the 2 of us, I do appreciate having the ingredients listed to do just that, since I have friends who prefer eating that way, & with the end-of-year holidays coming up . . . . Anyway, this time around it was just for us & a neighbor couple, & we thoroughly enjoyed it ~ Very flavorful & a wonderful change of pace in the looks! Thanks for sharing this neat recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]