Cherry Almond Pinwheels
pretty and yummy. Dough can be refriderated for up to 3 days!!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- red food coloring
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- maraschino cherry, halfed
- Beat butter 30 seconds.
- beat in sugar, baking powder and 1/4 t. salt.
- beat in vanilla, egg and flour.
- divide in half. tint half red. knead in almonds in other half. cover and chill portions separetly for one hour.
- divide each portion in half.
- on lightly floured counter roll a red portion 12x8. on a wax paper roll a 12x8 almond portion. Flip almond portion onto red portion.
- roll up starting at long end.
- repeat with remaining portions.
- chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- preheat oven to 375.
- cut chilled dough into 1/4 inch slices.
- place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- place cherry piece in center of cookie.
- bake 8-10 minutes.
- transfer to wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION