Cheesy Smoked Salmon Appetizers
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 200 g of sliced smoked salmon (must be finely sliced)
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, rind of, finely grated
- Lay a sheet of good quality baking paper or a double layer of aluminum foil on your bench top. Spread the salmon onto the paper to form a large square shape. Overlap each slice- there should be no gaps and you must be able to roll the salmon later and have the slices hold together.
- In a bowl mix all remaining ingredients. Spread this mixture over the salmon.
- Using the paper or foil. Roll the salmon. The cream cheese will end up in the centre of the salmon rolls. Refrigerate until required.
- Slice into approx one inch rolls (they'll look like small sushis). Sprinkle with extra finely chopped chives, or parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
After seeing a photo of this, I knew I had to try it. Yesterday was the day when we had friends over for a bar b q. Everyone loved the smoky, creamy taste and flavor of this oh so simple to make appy. Not a piced was left. The only thing I did differant was squeeze some of the fresh lemon juice into it while adding the lemon rind and used finely chopped Walla Walla Sweet onions and then sprinkling the top with the chives. Made it a day in advance so the flavors had a chance to blend and easy to slice. This was enjoyed by everyone and not a piece was left.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free