Cheesy Onion Bake
Recipe number 2 for Vidalia onions. This recipe calls for Jumbo Vidalias but the zaar computer wants to call them large. Bad computer, lol.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 8 large vidalia sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place Vidalia slices in lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Add flour, stirring well until smooth. Cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring until it thickens and becomes bubbly.
- Add cheese and salt, stirring until the cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Pour over Vidalias and bake uncovered at 350° for 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION