Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I had some leftover brown rice already cooked, and I wanted to mix it up a bit. This was terrific. Absolutely loved it. Recipe courtesy of budgetsavvydiva.com. Serving size is estimated.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn (drain if using canned)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet cook rice according to the instructions on the box.
- In another large skillet heat olive oil and add garlic, onion, and bell pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Add rice, salt, pepper, black beans, corn, enchilada sauces, chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin. Mix and wait 5 minutes.
- Add cheese to the top. Cover and heat until cheese is completely meted. Garnish with cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION