Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell southwest-style pepper jack soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook chicken in a non-stick skillet until almost done, then add the garlic.
- Add the soup and water and cook until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of cheese on top. Then moisten the edge and fold over. Press to seal the edge.
- Place on baking sheets and cook for about five minutes. When you get them out of the oven, let them sit for a minute or two then cut into wedges.
Join The Conversation
These were very good. I made my own very thick southwestern cheddar jack soup adding chopped green onion and chopped jalapenos. I then stirred in the cooked chicken (seasoned with garlic, s/p, and cumin). I heated the quesadillas in a skillet as it was just too hot to turn the oven on today. Served with sour cream and Picante sauce.