Tomato, Bacon N' Pepper Jack Soup
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- 1 quart tomato with juice (I use home canned)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon (I use "Better Than Boullion paste)
- 1 cup milk (or half n half)
- 6 slices bacon (fried crisp and crumbled)
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (shredded)
- 1. Blend tomatoes in blender to smooth (or leave larger bits if you like).
- 2. Place in 2 Qt pan.
- 3. Add beef boullion paste to taste. I start with 2 teaspoons.
- 4. Add some milk or half n half.
- 5. Fry up bacon crisp and crumble it into soup.
- 6. Heat until ready to boil and turn down to simmer 15-20 minutes.
- 7. Top with shredded pepperjack when serving.
- 8. You can add toasted croutons as well, but I didn't want the additional carbs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married, 2 grown kids, 5 grandkids, 2 spoiled golden retreivers. Diabetic, South Beach Diet lifestyle. Love to cook, read, walk, travel. Techno-geeky granny.