Cheesy Artichoke Squares
This is an old family favourite. I can't remember where I got the recipe, but I have been making these squares for 25 years. These spicy squares are excellent served hot or cold. If you are not a fan of alot of herbs, than please, add the amount you would prefer, this dish is very versatile.
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) jars marinated artichokes
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups old cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain juice from one jar of artichokes into frying pan.
- Sauté onion and garlic in the artichoke juice, simmer and cool.
- Chop artichokes and mix with the cooled onions and garlic.
- Combine artichoke mixture, breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary and Tabasco sauce together until well blended.
- Pour the artichoke mixture into a greased 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes; cut and enjoy.