Cheesy Apple Breakfast Quesadillas
Make ahead breakfast treat the the kids can grab and microwave or eat cold on the way to school.
- Ready In:
- 6 large size flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (or pepper jack cheese)
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped apple
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spread each flour tortillas with 1 tablespoon sour cream; sprinkle with.
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon sugar.
- Top one tortilla 1/3 cup cheese,1/4 cup chopped apple and second tortilla.
- For each serving, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet, brown quesadilla.
- 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned, carefully turning over tortilla.
- Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
All in all, it's a good recipe. The kids liked it and there weren't any left. I made this recipe as directed and think that the next time I try it, I will make a few small changes. First, I will use either cooking spray, a lot less butter, or nothing instead of 1 Tbsp. butter for browning the quesadillas. I like butter, but with the sour cream, it was too much and made it taste a little heavy. Second, I think I will cut down the amount of sour cream. Again, too heavy. And maybe I just like my stuff a tinch sweeter, but I will double the cinnamon and sugar for each, as well.
Fabulous, kind of reminds me of when we would have apple pie as kids and had no ice cream we would put cheese on top instead. My 4 year old said "delicious" and he is a rather picky eater. I did use cheddar though as I did not have monterey jack and I live in the country and can't run to a store and it was very good, will have to try it with monterey next time.