Cheesecake-Poppy Seed Muffins
Treat your family to muffins with a surprise cheesecake filling. It’s easy when you start with a no-fail mix. RS: Betty Crocker
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces lemon poppy seed quick bread mix (muffin with glaze pkt)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
- Squeeze Glaze packet (from muffin mix) about 10 seconds (do not microwave). Cut off tip of 1 corner of packet with scissors. In small bowl, stir together cream cheese and about half of the glaze. Reserve remaining glaze for topping.
- In medium bowl, stir Muffin Mix, milk, oil and eggs just until blended (batter may be lumpy). Place 1 tablespoonful of batter in each muffin cup. Top batter in each cup with about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture. Divide remaining batter among muffin cups (each about two-thirds full).
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool 5 minutes longer. Drizzle remaining Glaze over muffins; serve warm. Refrigerate any remaining muffins.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION