A delicious alternative to your family favorite! You can use cooked, or uncooked noodles with this. To use cooked noodles: Cook the noodles and omit the water in the recipe. Serve it with some lettuce, tomato, and pickles!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cheddar and american blend cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1. Spray 13 x 9-inch (3 quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, ketchup and mustard. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat egg with fork or wire whisk. Stir in ricotta cheese and 2 cups of the shredded cheddar and american blend.
- 3. Spread 1 cup beef mixture over bottom of baking dish. Top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles; top with 1 cups beef mixture. Repeat layers once with 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and 1 cups beef mixture. Top with remaining 4 noodles, beef mixture and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover with foil.
- 4. Heat oven to 350°F Bake lasagna, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bubbly. Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION