A quick spurt of herb oil does wonders for tuna, shrimp or scallops, polenta, risotto and cooked or uncooked salads. You can keep this oil in a plastic spray bottle! Clayton Babas, Executive Chef, at the Guam Reef Hotel makes this for the guests.
- Ready In:
- Blanch (put in boiling water) cilantro 20 seconds.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Drain and pat dry .
- In the jar of a blender combine cilantro and oil.
- Blend at medium speed 3 minutes.
- Store in a glass jar and refrigerate overnight.
- When herb has settled, pour oil through a paper coffee filter into a glass bottle.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
- Oil will keep up to two weeks, after which it will lose some of its color and flavor.
- Note: Recipe works equally well with basil, parsley or mint; the best combination of these herbs is mint and basil.