Cheese Lover's Tuna Casserole
Quick, Easy, 5 ingredients... and very cheesy, great comfort food! Please note that this isn't like your usual tuna casserole, you may want to add more noodles and we prefer the cheese grated, but this is the basic recipe to start from :)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, in a 9x13 inch baking dish, combine soup, tuna and 1/2 of the cheese; mix well.
- Add pasta to baking dish and mix together.
- Add remaining cheese to the top of the mixture, then add croutons.
- Cover dish and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted; serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was definitely quick and easy. I was looking for something to do with the cans of tuna in the pantry and came across this recipe. It caught my attention because it didn't have green peas!The cheese cubes didn't melt very well. I bought the packages of Kraft cheddar cubes and I'm not sure if it was the cheese or something else. Anyway, I will try this again, and will possibly use the cheddar crumbles or shredded cheddar. I'm thinking this would also be good with the boneless skinless salmon fillet portions that comes in the 6 oz cans like tuna fish.Reply