Champs Elysees Potatoes (1953)
- Ready In:
- 8 medium-large irish potatoes
- 8 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cooking oil (or as needed)
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Peel potatoes.
- Slice thinly and cut into strips the thickness of a wooden match. Length does not matter.
- Lightly saute mushrooms in butter. Set aside.
- Oil the bottom of a skillet.
- Arrange 1/4 of the potatoes to cover the skillet bottom.
- Spread 1/3 of the mushrooms over the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers, ending with a layer of potatoes. There should be 4 layers of potatoes and 3 layers of mushrooms.
- Place skillet on medium heat and cover.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add a little more oil.
- Increase heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until potatoes are browned on bottom.
- Carefully turn and cook on other side for 5 minutes, or until potatoes are browned.
- Remove from pan and drain excess oil.
- Finish with "a nice chunk of butter.".
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- For Ideal Potatoes, Cook as above, but use grated cheese instead of mushrooms.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!