Celery "stuffing" - Hcg P2
photo by mums the word
- Ready In:
- 1 cup celery (thinly sliced, or however you like it)
- 1 pinch salt (or you can use a dash of Bragg Liquid Aminos but I don't know if that's considered "off protocol")
- 1 pinch garlic
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 -2 melba toast (optional, finely crumbled)
- Cut celery into thin slices.
- Add seasonings (to taste) and crumbled breadsticks / melba toast (if you choose to use them).
- Mix thoroughly.
- Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes in a microwave-safe bowl. (If you like your celery less crunchy, you can microwave it longer.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Update Apr 15 - I made this again but added some shredded carrot and minced onions and that is very good also. Oddly enough, this was quite good and indeed reminiscent of stuffing! I used more than a pinch of spices, I was quite liberal with them. I think I would add a wee bit of onion the next time. I will definitely make this again, I really enjoyed it. Thank you!
I was a little skeptical about this one (I mean, really, how much like stuffing could this really be?), but it was AMAZING! I only had about 3/4 of a cup of celery, but ended up adding two pinches of everything (except the oregano - only 1 pinch of that), added in onion powder, and used 1 grissini. After I microwaved it for 2 minutes, I topped it with my pre-cooked, pre-seasoned chicken, and microwaved it for another minute. The kitchen smelt like Thanksgiving Day! I will definitely be repeating this one. I've still got 11 more days of Phase 2, and I'm thinking I might make this everyday :) Thanks for a delicious protocol recipe!