Celeriac With Butter and Lemon - Céleri - Rave Saute
photo by gemini08
- Ready In:
4 side dishes
- Peel the celeriac and cut into 1 inch thick slices. Cut each slice into 8 or 10 pieces (batons) and drop into a panful of fast-boiling, salted water.
- Blanch for 3 minutes only, drain and pat dry in a cloth.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large iron frying pan over medium heat and, when the butter froths, arrange the celeriac pieces in the bottom in one layer.
- Season, increase the heat slightly and saute until golden brown, turning the pieces with a spatula and shaking the pan to prevent sticking.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with lemon juice and chopped herbs.
- Shake and saute again and correct seasoning if necessary.
- Turn into a heated serving dish and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am originally from Austria, live in Florida since 1977. I love cooking and like to relax by reading cookbooks. <br />I am also a member of a cooking site in Austria and have posted many American and International dishes there. <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/buddies.jpg alt= /></p>