Catfish Fillets With Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brandy or 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄4 cups gruyere or 1 1/4 cups swiss cheese, grated
- Set oven to broil.
- Salt and pepper fish on both sides. Set aside.
- Combine butter, oil and garlic in small saucepan over low heat until butter is melted.
- Saute the mushroom in medium size skillet in 1/2 of the butter/oil mix.
- Remove from heat and add the Booze. :-) Return to heat and cook until it becomes a glaze.Add the tomatoes, Thyme and cream. Simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (remember the fish is already salted and peppered).
- In another skillet heat the remaining butter/oil mixture.
- Saute the fish in it for 3-4 minute on each side. Just until cooked through. (thicker fillet will take longer).
- Transfer the fish to broiler proof dish and spoon the sauce over it. Sprinkle with the cheese and broil until cheese melts.Yum! :-).
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /></p>