Carrot Sheet Cake With Frosting
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan (I use Pan Release Recipe #78579).
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil and sugar until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and beat well.
- Stir in carrots and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree fahrenheit oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Beat in icing sugar.
- Spread over cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious. I made this for a ladies' night out last night and I was a bit nervous bringing a recipe that I'd never made before. But everybody raved about it! This is a very sweet cake, which is to my taste. I especially like how it is made in the jelly-roll pan so there is a greater cake-to-frosting proportion. Can you tell I like 'em sweet?
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite thing to do is to spend time with family and friends, especially my two grandsons. Cooking, collecting recipe books and tried and true recipes from family and friends, and all the wonderful cooks here at food.com, is what I enjoy too.</p> <p>My favorite sayings are: Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift; that is why it is called the 'present'. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> and Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> </p> <p>My favorite poem is: <br /><span>Common Things <br /></span>The things I prize of greatest worth, <br />Are just the common things of earth; <br />the rain, the sun, the grass, the trees; <br />The flowers, the birds, the glorious breeze; <br />Clouds that pass, and stars that shine, <br />Mountains, valleys, all are mine; <br />Rivers broad, and open sea <br />Are riches none can take from me. <br />Our God is here on every hand, <br />Upon the sea, upon the land! <br />And day by day my thanks I give <br />That with these common things I live. <br />....Praying Hands</p> <p>My pet peeve is people who spit gum on the sidewalk even if there is a trash bin a few feet away!! I have stepped in 'fresh' gum a couple of times!! </p> <p><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg alt=/ /></p>