Carrot Kugel --who would have thought of that? Well, the fabulous Lisa Stafford, that's who. Lisa recently posted her recipe for Carrot Souffle in my forums... http://www.elanaspantry.com/carrot-kugel/
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 5 -6 cups chopped carrots (approximately 2lbs)
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond flour
- Cook carrots in a steamer until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Blend carrots, agave, cinnamon, orange rind, eggs and almond flour until smooth in vita-mix.
- Place mixture in a greased 8" square glass baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour, until browned around the edges and done in the center.
- Serve warm out of the oven, or allow to cool, then refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I like this recipe a lot. I eat Primal (no grains, no refined sugar, etc.), and this is a good option for breakfast. I used fresh-ground nutmeg and almond flour, and the flavors really pop. I double the almond flour, too, because it came out underdone, the first time I made it. I've also tried it with tangerine peel, too. The flavor is somewhere between spice cake (with sweet carrots) and sweet potato pie. <br/>I'd also suggest using organic baby carrots. They're quicker to steam and they are a little sweeter.Reply