Caramelized Onion, Green Bean, and Cherry Tomato Tian
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Cooking Light, but you'd never know it, Very tasty dish!!
- Ready In:
- 5 cups cut green beans, about a pound
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook beans in boiling water 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water, set aside.
- Heat nonstick fry pan coated with veggie spray over medium high heat.
- Add onion and next 4 ingredients (onion through pepper), saute 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir in vinegar, basil and oregano, cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange beans in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with veggie spray.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Arrange tomatoes on top of onion mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more