- Ready In:
- 1 savoy cabbage, cored and sliced
- 8 ounces bacon lardons
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Heat lidded skillet over a medium heat and add butter.
- Saute the onion and bacon in the butter until bacon begins to render fat and onion is just translucent.
- Add sliced cabbage.
- Place lid on skillet to allow cabbage to soften.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat up to high and stir fry for a few minutes.
- The cabbage should begin to colour and caramelize with the onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be mashed into plain mashed potatoes for a unique champ or "bubble and squeak" if re-fried.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!