photo by Charmie777
- Ready In:
- Butter an 8 cup baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook cabbage in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer cabbage to a bowl.
- Return water to a boil and add potatoes.
- Cook until tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to the pot.
- Add butter and mash potatoes.
- Mix in chives and then cabbage.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake about 35 minutes until cheese bubbles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Amazing recipe! Something about this recipe gave me better results with the potatoes than the dozens of times I have made colcannon, even though no milk is used in this recipe. The butter does the job, making the potatoes creamy! The addition of cheese and an oniony herb (I used green onions) make this a comfort food to make again and again. It also seems to sit/reheat well. Thanks!