Caramel Chip Mini Bundt Cakes
photo by ortsofsorts.contact
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup caramel-flavored bits
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon caramel-flavored bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease mini bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray (my pan makes 12 muffin sized mini bundts).
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat softened butter with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add 1/3 flour mixture and ½ of sour cream. Beat on low to blend. Add another 1/3 flour mixture and remaining sour cream. Beat until moistened.
- Add remaining flour mixture and milk. Beat on low until all flour is mixed inches Do not over mix.
- Fold in caramel chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan. Do not overfill.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pans to cool completely.
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt butter. Whisk in chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon caramel chips until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cakes, or gently dip tops of cakes into glaze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!