Caramel Apple Pie Quesadilla
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 fresh tart apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 -2 tablespoon mrs. richardson butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup premium vanilla ice cream (such as Breyer's, (or more)
- Mix brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Melt 1 Tbl. butter in saute pan, add apple and sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg mix, stir and saute over medium heat for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in small bowl.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with the second Tbl. butter.
- Mix the white sugar and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle on the buttered side of both tortillas.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat.
- When hot add one tortilla, buttered& sugared side down.
- Top with apple mix and drizzle with ice cream topping.
- Place second tortilla on top, buttered/sugared side up.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes, until browned and crisp.
- Flip and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on plate, top with ice cream, if desired, and enjoy apple heaven!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Minnesota, and actually like the winter more than summer! (Must have Siberian ancestors!) The main focus of my life is, and always has been, children. I've spent the majority of my life either educating myself about children, having and raising children, or working with children. I presently work in an elementary school with children that have emotional/behavioral difficulties, and have three daughters of my own. I also have four grandsons (one an extra gift that came when my daughter very wisely married his dad) and will become Grandma to the the 5th baby in June. This one a little girl! I can not wait!! I received so much joy being a mother that finding that much joy, and more, in being 'Grandma' has taken me by surprise. They are all the best gifts ever given to me. Whatever free time I have is spent with my nose in a book, surfing the web for new recipes, or with my wonderful friends, both online and "in person".