- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 large sweet red peppers
- boiling water
- 2 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoons corn oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut peppers lengthwise in strips.
- Cover with boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Bring vinegar, water and sugar to a boil in a non-aluminum pan.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- In each 1/2 pint jar, put 1 clove garlic, 1/2 tsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt, fill with peppers and pour hot syrup over, leaving the appropriate head space.
- Process 25 minutes at 11 pounds pressure.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We live on a small farm in Indiana. My husband retired early about six years ago, and we find life VERY full. We believe more in growing and doing for ourselves than supporting the grocery markets, and have learned the value of time vs money. We believe in God's standards of contentment, and the returns have been great!