California Corn Dogs
- Ready In:
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees (use a deep fryer OR deep pot).
- Combine flour, corn meal, sugar, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk and egg yolks and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix on high until batter is smooth.
- Pat dry the hot dogs and stick the thin end of a chopstick half way into the hot dog.
- Repeat with the remaining 9.
- When oil has reached 375 dip the dogs, one at a time into the batter, turning slowly to get a nice even coat.
- Hold the hot dog up by the stick and let some batter drip off.
- Quickly submerge the hot dog in the oil and spin it slowly so that the coating cooks evenly.
- If using a pot cook 3 or 4 dogs at a time, turning with forks to evenly brown-around 5 minutes.
- If using a deep fryer use the lid to weigh down the dogs.
- Drain on paper towels or a rack.
- Repeat with remaining dogs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great recipe! It wasn't hard at all to make and I already had all the ingredients in the pantry. I didn't have any sticks, so I just dropped the corndogs into the oil and let it cook for a few minutes and they were done. The only thing is I wish the batter coated a little thicker. But overall they were great! Thanks for posting.